Thursday, December 27, 2012

What I Want To Say (For Him)

Something a litte more light-hearted then my usual posts. This is something I wrote a while back about a boy, about that point in a relationship when you know there are mutual feelings, and there are a hundred things you want to say, but you have to pace yourself somehow.
 
What I Want To Say (For Him)
 
These thoughts running endless circles in my head

These feelings that have to stay inside

These things that have to wait

These things I want to say but can’t.


If I could say what I want to say right now

I’d tell you, you’re beautiful to me.

The smile that comes across my face is natural and free.

When you speak to me all is right in the world

When you’re green eyes meet mine, I’m the happiest girl

These are the things I want to say, but can’t.

 

If I could say what I want to say right now

I’d tell you, I share my heart with few

But if you’re willing and if you want,

I’ll share my heart with you

I’d tell you that I trust you

Even though I’m not sure why

I’d tell you this might not work,

But I’m more than willing to try

 

If I could say what I want to say right now

I’d tell you that I’m scared

That we’ll never make a way for these mutual thoughts to be shared

That we’ll continue on in life never knowing what might have been

Always living with the thoughts of these things from ‘way back when’

 

So here I go, I grab this pen and hope to work this out

I cannot wait till my mind is free of all fear and all doubt

I’ll share these things someway, somehow, and then maybe one day

You’ll be mine and I’ll be yours, and we’ll say what we want to say.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment